After withdrawal from BR in September 1985 from Leicester shed, 08 471 moved into preservation and received its former TOPS number 3586. The Class 08 is pictured here at Bridgnorth at its new home on the Severn Valley Railway in the late eighties. As D3586, the locomotive was built at Crewe works and entered service in November 1958 allocated to Burton shed (then 17B). Today the Class 08 has been repainted back into its former Brunswick Green livery and regained its 'D' prefix. For a photo, click here.